Contact Us

The Weardale Museum
& High House Chapel

Ireshopeburn, Co. Durham, DL13 1HD

“Outstanding Volunteer Run Museum”

Terms and Conditions | Contact Us |                                                                         © Weardale Museum

Arts Council Award

Genealogy Database Census Memorial Inscriptions Parish Registers Stanhope Burials Tithe Records Wearhead School Admissions War Memorials Wills Deeds Family Letters Emigrants Local Newspapers Postcard Collection Genealogies

Family

History

Resources

Back to Family HistoryLinks to other sites
HomePlan a VisitOur CollectionHigh House ChapelFamily HistoryVisit WeardaleVolunteering
Old Maps

In addition to the 1842 Tithe Map mentioned above we have copies (JPEG images) of several 19th century maps covering various areas of the parishes of Stanhope and Wolsingham.

The “Roddam Map” of 1851, covering all Stanhope Parish, was produced by a local land agent and surveyor, John Joseph Roddam.

The 6” Ordnance Survey map of 1857 for Stanhope and Wolsingham Parishes.

Portions of the 1896 second series Ordnance Survey map.

Old Maps of Weardale